Pages

Monday, September 5, 2016

Week #0- Pre-Departure, Washington D.C.


     It's been pretty hard having to leave behind my friends and family in the United States. Coping with it once I'm actually in Germany though- that's where the challenge is really going to be (probably). These couple weeks before my exchange begins, I've travelled across 8 U.S. states (those being Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland). 
Boston, MA as seen from the Royal Sonesta Hotel

Since I have to leave out of Washington D.C., my Mom and I figured that this would be a good opportunity to visit family over here on the East Coast. It's been a pretty fun time, and I leave for Germany in only 4 more days. My first real day there will most likely be the 10th, so expect a post on the 10th or 11th. I'm pretty excited at the moment, but I'm also (quite honestly) very nervous. I know deep down that it's going to be great, but on the other hand I'm not looking forward to not knowing anybody and being in a totally unfamiliar environment. Preparedness is something I wish that I felt more of. Wish me luck, and I'll try to keep you posted with the details. Have a good one. 

3 comments:

  1. I bet you are going to feel so at home once you get there! HAVE AN AMAZING TIME AND IM GOING TO MISS MY ADVISORY BUDDY!!!! -Annika:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben, I'd have shared what I knew of and experienced of Sonya's experience at the outset of her journey. But she said it so well. So about that I'll just say "What she said".
    Still, one more thing: you're obviously a brave aND adventurous soul or you wouldn't be heading down this road. Knowing this gives me great confidence in how this adventure will be for you. Remember this.

    I'll be thinking of you.

    Love,
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete